Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In absentia

Is it good or bad that without running I don't have much to blog about?!

In Ireland this week for work. And fun. Had a lovely weekend catching up with family - and meeting baby Sean, my nephew. He is too cute. Full of smiles and laughter these days. 3 months and changing every day.

I ran 1 mile Sunday on grass, barefoot, felt great. No pain. Then last night I ran 4M on the roads. It felt great being out there - my lungs were really enjoying it. My shin felt a bit off during the first mile. Not painful just not 100%. But the next few miles were good. I iced it when I got done as there is definitely still some residual inflammation there. Hard to tell what's going on with it or when it will eventually go. When I woke up this morning it felt fine but again not 100%. No pain flexing it which is an improvement over a few days ago.

I don't know if I should keep running this week or just leave it. But it's killing me considering the nice mild weather here. And I just love running when I'm back in Galway or Sligo. Reminds me of all the training for my first marathon 5 years ago. When it was all so new to me!

Anyway, I guess work might dictate what I have time for this week. And then when that is wrapped up it's time for more socalising. And wedding dress shopping with my sister - very exciting - she just got engaged a few weeks ago so the timing of this trip worked out nicely!

5 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so happy for you that your shin is better. Ireland is apparently good for your heart and body. Enjoy wedding dress shopping and your time with your family. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your shin continues to behave!

Susan said...

Say no to running. Say yes to family, friends, shopping, eating, relaxing, drinking, smiling, giggling, and being Auntie Helen.

Running will be waiting for you when you come back to Minnesota rested and healed up!

SteveQ said...

I'm going through your sisters' names; is it Theresa who's getting married... and does that make you the last single aunt?

Sounds like the shin's healing well. I'm running injured, as usual, so I can't say anything useful.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Susan! Vale

Helen said...

Am managing to do all of that Susan - and run a little too!

Teresa (no 'h'). Two other unmarried sisters, if that is what you mean by 'single'.

Post a Comment