Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Dream

Well, I had the pre-race dream last night. It was definitely one of the weirder ones. There was nothing familiar about the setting. It was in a city but not one I've ever been to. I was sitting in the sunshine on a grassy section watching the elites go by. I had on shorts and t-shirt but not my planned race gear. I was eating chocolate cake (imagine that). Somewhere in my mind it clicked that if the elites were running I should probably make my way to the start line - I think the main race started a half hour later. I went in search of my running gear bag - I think I knew where it was but then I got distracted by the fact that I had not picked up my timing chip. In fact I think I'd by-passed packet pick-up completely. I didn't know if it was still open but figured I wouldn't have time. Next think I know the runners are coming towards me. I didn't even know where the start line was but that didn't matter now... I spotted a girl coming out of a building and joining in the race and contemplated doing that. But then I remembered I'd wanted to run a PR and what good would that be without the evidence of the timing chip! The funny thing was I wasn't even panicking...

4 comments:

nwgdc said...

So should I eat chocolate cake on Saturday morning like I was planning on doing or NOT?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm pre-race dreams are something.
Mine usually end up with me forgetting my socks. Or we are running along and have to swim. I hate water....
Good Luck, remember this is a short race for you. Don't start cranking until you hit town!
Karen S

Helen said...

OF COURSE you should eat chocolate cake before the race :) Actually I think I'll stick with a gummi bear sugar boost.

Thanks Karen - I think I might start a little before town... this one is going to hurt. A lot!

Beth said...

That is a pretty interesting dream! I'm still dreaming about missing my statistics final and forgetting to feed the baby. I haven't moved on to race dreams yet. I'm sorry to read about you new Garmin in your last post. You seem to be taking it pretty well. Good luck at the race!! I'm rooting for you!

Post a Comment