Friday, April 10, 2009

Zumbro

Heading off shortly to Zumbro with Val. She is running the 100K tonight and I will run some with her tomorrow - one loop for sure and maybe 2 - depending how she is doing. Or maybe depending how I am doing - as I sit here icing my knee! Ran a little too fast this morning... Pam came over at 6am and we set off for Nokomis - 2m easy, 2m fast - repeat - 4m easy, for a total of 12m. We averaged 7:38's so the easy miles were really not that easy. But the fast ones were fast (for us) - just above and just under 7:00. My knee bothered me a bit after running at Afton last Sunday - after the race on Saturday - but after icing and some massage work with the PT on Tuesday it felt fine. Ran Tuesday night - not far but some short pick-ups - and it was good. But I should have been icing it all week as a preventative measure and of course I did not...

Anyway, it should be a really fun weekend, especially with the glorious weather. And the full moon tonight. Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects down there. Hope the 100 milers are getting on well thoughtout today.

5 comments:

Matthew Patten said...

I will be heading down soon.

Great to have another 100k runner!

Kel said...

See you down there - I'll be sweeping the course on Saturday afternoon.

Beth said...

Good luck to you and the racer you are supporting. I can't imagine running that far... can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

It was nice seeing you at Zumbro. I am Sorry that I did not agree to have you run with me on the last lap. I made a bad choice when I said that I needed some quite time. In hind sight you would have been just what I needed to get moving faster. I have to tell you that this race gave me many challenges, the main one being my emotions. I have to also tell you that I am glad that I got to know you last year at Sawtooth 100. I am looking forward to seeing you soon and I am sure that I will be more friendly. Scott Meyers

Helen said...

Hey Scott - Congrats on an awesome race! What a tough course - not to mention 5 loops - you should be very proud. If I knew you better I might have just ran with you but I didn't want to impose. It was lovely chatting with your wife again. Would love to pace you at some future event. Helen

Post a Comment