Thursday, March 12, 2009

Beyond The Epic Run

"The world is so big when you choose to journey it by running; and so small when you choose to stay at home." - Nicole Roetheli

Went to the screening of this movie at the U this evening with a few of the girls. It was interesting - not quite what I was expecting but definitely worth seeing. Five years on the road - and dirt trails, and sand... a pretty awesome adventure to contemplate. I particularly enjoyed Nicole's honest commentary. As a runner I would have liked more insight into how Serge felt physically and mentally.

The movie will be released in May. More info here.

In other news - how about the finale of Jon Stewart vs Jim Cramer tonight? Reality TV at its best. Though I am kind of ready for the Daily Show to move on. This story has run it's course in this context, we'll get enough of it in the real world...

It was a bit chilly out there this evening but I enjoyed a nice run around Rice Lake before heading downtown. It's right outside the door from work but I haven't run that loop in months. Zero knee pain so I was very happy with that. I guess running multiple days in a row just doesn't suit me! I'll probably shoot for a long one Saturday but it'll still be a lower mileage week which is cool. I'll maybe do a bit more next week and then it's just a week until the 50K in Virginia. No real taper as I'm using it as a training run for Chippewa. At least that's the plan...

6 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for going to see the film and writing about it! I believe we will be adding more commentary about the nitty-gritty to the film before the theatrical release. Thanks again! Annie- annie@jenningspr.net

johnmaas said...

Glad to hear the knee is doing better.
Nice write-up on Chad's blog!
You are a fantastic example ultra runners.
John

johnmaas said...

"for" ultra runners.
Can't type.
John

nwgdc said...

Completely agree on the Daily. In my opinion (and I watch only sparingly) they're still drawing most of their laughs from the last administration. The show doesn't function without a solid punching bag. Cramer is no Dubya.
So, if you're not running Chippewa as anything else as a training run, does this mean I may actually be able to keep up?

Londell said...

I saw the movie as well. I found it so uplifting, disturbing, depressing, invigorating, motivating and so many other things rolled into one movie. I am still in a strange state of thought seeing all the emotions that go through my head watching the movie. I thought it was well done!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I don't think I ever commented here before (you left a comment on my blog months ago - can you tell by my total LACK of organisation I'm only getting back to you now), but just wanted to say thanks for your kind words. When I first came to your blog, I fainted after being blinded by the amount of running you do. Ok, not really, but seriously, wow. I'm still at the stage of walking 10k once a year. And I've done that twice.

My friend says she's going to teach me how to jog so I'll let you know how I get on...in 2045. :D

Post a Comment