Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taper starts here...

Well, the hard work is done now. Enough of it I hope. Finished off with a run around the Lakes this morning with Carrie for about 11 miles and then a visit to Hyland this evening for another 9. That was fun - sort of. I planned to do about 10 hill repeats, met up with Guy for the first few and then Val arrived and was planning to do 20. So of course I couldn't let her do them all alone... finished up with 21. Still, that was less than 2 hours on the hill. How on earth did Julie do 6 hour sessions out there?????

25 minute ice bath when I got home. My feet needed it they were feeling a bit tired. But I think I need to start adding more ice - it's not feeling quite as cold now that I am used to it!


Really looking forward to New Mexico. Will be great to chill out, not worry about work (though the laptop is coming with), and just hang out with my sis.

Wonder how the nerves will be this time two weeks...

end of post.

No comments:

Post a Comment