Monday, August 4, 2008

The Capitol

In DC for a few days with work. I love this place. You hear about it being all business and politics - and it totally is! All around you people are taking about candidates and campaigns and lobbyists etc etc. Couldn't live here but fun to visit.

So I ran this evening. I know, I shouldn't have even packed my running shoes. I don't even know why I am sharing this other than to illustrate my pig-headedness (sp?). My rationale - I wanted to check out some new sights that I missed on my last visit and it was 90 degrees and therefore too hot to simply walk! Anyway, the good news is my foot felt pretty good. Not 100% but not really painful. I am now convinced it can't be a stress fracture. I wore heels all day (rationale: all my suits are too long for flats - and it's DC so I like have to wear a suit), except while running, and my foot felt fine. Again, not 100% but...

I will run again in the morning. Rationale: same as above except it will be cooler in the morning. I like to run in cool weather too. And it will be a test run. I'm a scientist at heart so it's all about experimentation, right?? I figure by Wednesday morning when I see the chiro & PT it will either be almost perfect or a complete mess. At least I'll know...

end of post.

2 comments:

keith said...

Isn't it weird what a day or two of rest will do? I don't think you will be a mess. It looks like good news. Enjoy DC!

nwgdc said...

the BEST way to see DC is on foot. the traffic is out of this world! it's great to hear you're bouncing back so quickly!

Post a Comment