Monday, September 24, 2007

In Yan Teopa 10 Mile Trail Run

Frontenac State Park, MN, September 22

This was a late addition to the race diary - I'd heard about it a few weeks ago but decided against it coming so soon after ironman (who knew I'd be feeling so good!). But then Friday evening myself, Kami, Tanya & Pam hit the horse/hiking trails at Carver Park and running through the fabulous fall colours I immediately thought of the race the next morning. And sure enough I had a few willing volunteers... And for our efforts we took the top 3 Open spots!!! (3rd, 4th & 5th female overall but the first 2 ladies were in the Masters division - yes, we will get faster!). It was so much fun - fabulous weather and a great crowd. I love this season for trail running - it just doesn't last long enough...
Trivia: I hit my highest ever heart rate since I started using a HRM - 188bpm!! Whoa...



Tanya, Pam & Helen - celebrating our 'golden leaf' awards!