Friday, April 22, 2011

Photo blog...

To avoid too much focus on those pesky race goals I thought I'd post a collection of photos from Christmas 2010 in Ireland through the recent trip to Colorado/California...

Christmas Tree... I am renowned for redecorating the tree when I get home but this year it was still in the box when I arrived! Myself and Caz had fun constructing it. We usually have a real one so the artificial one took some work but (we think) it looked good.


It was a cold and white Christmas in Ireland with record low temps (-17C)!






New Year's was spent in the Boundary Waters with the family :) What an amazing experience! Unfortunately I lost my camera somewhere in the snow so this is the only shot I have when we got back to Grand Marais after the 5 day trip.


Life on a plane will be one of the main themes of 2011... This is from my first trip out to California in January. The regular commuting didn't start until April.


Chris and Roberto reunite at Arrowhead! Leaving the halfway checkpoint on Day 2 - it was incredible to witness the willpower and drive on display at this race...


An incredible achievement...


Next up - skijour season! A winning start to Chris and Cooper's new adventure...






Nala! Foster puppy - she was a bundle of fun...


Work brought me to Paris in early March. My fav new shoes came with me...






And at the end of March Chris and I were lucky enough to spend a few days in Colorado. I ran up and down and around Flagstaff, Green Mountain and Bear Peak. It was a beautiful run and a perfectly lovely short break...






Anton ran here :)


Summit of Green






Onwards and upwards to Bear Peak...






Next up was California in early April to start the job in earnest. But never mind work, Alicia came out for a few days and we spent the weekend running in the Marin Headlands in prep for her Miwok race next month. Appropriate fueling was also high on the agenda...














On our way back to Los Gatos we took a spin down Hwy 1...


Bouldering at Castle Rock. Alicia shows me how it's done...


3 comments:

SteveQ said...

Helen, is this who I think it is?
http://destinedfordistance.blogspot.com/

chris mcpeake said...

Awesome pics.

Yoga Teacher Training said...

Amazing. What a way to see the world. Fantastic photos. It inspires me to go outdoors more often so I can have terrific photos, too.

Post a Comment